

“They think I’m toast, Ariel, but I’m still the bread.” Remember this iconic snippet from Conor McGregor ahead of his UFC 246 return bout against Donald Cerrone? This is when the Irishman bluntly told Ariel Helwani that he was looking to rake in nearly $80 million for his 170lbs clash with the ‘Cowboy’. Crazy by any measure! Considering the kind of paychecks UFC fighters other than McGregor are used to, this was a stunning revelation from the Irishman. But times have certainly changed for the worse! At least when it comes to fighting.
It’s been nearly four years since the former double champ stepped inside the Octagon. Rumors, speculations, and hope have been laid to rest when it comes to the Irishman once again fighting under the UFC banner. Moreover, McGregor recently stated at the BKFC 70 presser. “Like I said, I’ve got two fights on the contract. I’m in negotiations. Last week, something happened to me. I went to the White House and my country is in my—my heart bleeds for my country right now. So there’s a lot of stuff going on back home. I’m happy with what I’ve done. There’s something else for me that’s in my gut right now and that’s kind of where I’m going, so we’ll see.”
All but guaranteed that ‘The Notorious’ is venturing into politics and never returning to the realm of fighting! However, life outside the cage has been all flowers as of late. Visiting The White House to meet President Donald Trump or being the working face of his part-owned BKFC promotion, the Dubliner is thriving on the financial front. And he didn’t hold back from flaunting his extravagant lifestyle while sharing some major news.
ADVERTISEMENT
Article continues below this ad
The former UFC dual-weight champion is on a mission to take BKFC to new heights. With the promotion set to make its highly anticipated Middle Eastern debut on April 4th and 5th at the Dubai Duty-Free Tennis Stadium, it’s no surprise that ‘Mystic Mac’ will be front and center. Naturally, McGregor couldn’t resist giving fans a peek behind the scenes. He uploaded a video showcasing his grand entrance onto a million-dollar private jet. Moreover, his entourage was already settled in the luxurious sofa seats.
Pausing briefly to pick some grapes from a bowl beside a huge TV, he then made his way to a plush, built-in bed — yes, a bed inside the plane — and jumped right onto it to relax. In the caption, McGregor wrote: “TAKING THE BIG JUMBO JET FROM DUBLIN TO DUBAI FOR OUR INAUGURAL BARE KNUCKLE FC DOUBLE HEADER! LIVE FROM THE DUBAI NATIONAL TENNIS STADIUM, THIS FRIDAY AND SATURDAY! SEE YOU ALL THERE! THE EVENTS ARE BEAMED LIVE FROM OUR BKFC APP FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO WATCH FROM HOME, ALSO!”
22 FIGHT. 4 WORLD TITLES. THIS IS @bareknucklefc 👊 Brought to you by @forgedirishstout and @tidlsport ☘️🧊 #MCGREGORSPORTSANDENTERTAINMENT
This wasn’t the end for McGregor, and he made sure everyone knew it with an iconic line in the comments: “THEY THOUGHT I WAS TOAST, I’M STILL THE BREAD.”
View this post on Instagram
What’s your perspective on:
Is Conor McGregor's political ambition a smart move, or should he stick to the fight game?
Have an interesting take?
In a triumphant comeback, ‘The Notorious’ secured a stunning first-round TKO victory at the aforementioned UFC 246. This was a historic event that drew 1.35 million PPV buys. McGregor had been away from MMA for 15 months following his devastating loss to Khabib Nurmagomedov. After landing rarely-seen shoulder strikes that left Cerrone with a damaged face, McGregor sealed the deal with a head kick to finish the fight.
ADVERTISEMENT
Article continues below this ad
McGregor’s post-fight statement wasn’t just a victory lap. Loud and clear, he reminded the world that even after being counted out, he’s still the kingpin when it comes to the world of MMA.
Conor McGregor reminded everyone of his achievements
Despite stepping away from the Octagon and missing the opportunity to fight at UFC 303 due to injury, Conor McGregor remains as vocal as ever about his fighting career. Recently, the Irish superstar reacted to a throwback video from his early MMA days. The post had a brutal knockout during his time on the Irish regional circuit.
ADVERTISEMENT
Article continues below this ad
The clip, shared by an MMA-focused Instagram page, caught McGregor’s attention, prompting a typically confident response. He proudly commented: “Fastest KO’s in MMA history! Most KO’s in Irish MMA! And Most world titles! Most moola! Quickest in and out! Bing bang bosh to a billi of dosh!”
McGregor’s legacy as one of the sport’s most electrifying fighters is undeniable. A former two-division UFC champion and dual titleholder in Cage Warriors! He captivated fans with his aggressive fighting style, devastating left hand, and lethal striking. Will we see the Irish icon fight again, or is his legendary career finally coming to a close? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
Have something to say?
Let the world know your perspective.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Is Conor McGregor's political ambition a smart move, or should he stick to the fight game?