
via Imago
via IMAGO

via Imago
via IMAGO
Is Jon Jones vs. Tom Aspinall finally happening? The heavyweight division has been held hostage by ‘Bones,’ who remains the champion but has so far not agreed to defend his belt against Tom Aspinall. This has seriously stalled the division’s progression. However, it appears we now have some concrete leaks about their potential matchup. How? Well, stay tuned as we are going to drop some insider information about their fight in today’s episode of MMA Roundup.
From the Jon Jones vs. Tom Aspinall leaks, we will move on with a piece of information about Conor McGregor, and finally, we will conclude our montage with Brandon Moreno’s reaction to Cain Velasquez’s sentence. So, without any further ado, let us get started.
ADVERTISEMENT
Article continues below this ad
Chael Sonnen leaks essential news about Jon Jones vs. Tom Aspinall
There’s finally some concrete evidence about the happening of Tom Aspinall vs. Jon Jones or this is what Chael Sonnen had to say. While having a conversation with the ‘Submission Radio,’ the three times title challenger emphasized that he has some information about the negotiations that are going on between ‘Bones’ and the Britisher. According to Sonnen, both parties have reached a conclusion; however, it is yet to be made public by the UFC management.
“They got a deal done with Jon Jones and Aspinall, at least verbally, the night before… This is inside information. You will not have heard this story anywhere else. They agreed on verbally the night before Pereira vs. [Magomed] Ankalaev. And I’m only telling you that because if they had not got that deal done, then Pereira would have, in fact, been a pawn on the board,” said Sonnen.

via Imago
Credits: Imago
He further added, “He would, in fact, right now, even off a loss, be a heavyweight. And they would’ve got him out of the division completely, and the only reason that that was no longer needed, opening the idea to a rematch with Ankalaev, a fight that wasn’t heavily anticipated in the first place, is because they had ended up getting that piece of business done.”
This is big news if Uncle Chael is right. Well, now that we know about the Tom Aspinall vs. Jon Jones fight, let us move on to Conor McGregor, who has some words for Mike Perry.
Conor McGregor takes a U-turn on Mike Perry
While speaking with the media at BKFC 70 Hollywood Palomino vs Davis, Conor McGregor addressed various topics, including the future of Mike Perry in BKFC. The former dual-weight champion suggested that the BKFC star should return to where he truly belongs.
Conor McGregor on Mike Perry: He should come home. Mike should come home. He still shows love to the game and we’ll always have love for Mike Perry for sure. And yeah, me and Mike would be a great fight for sure. pic.twitter.com/L3ATUZ9KWK
— Jed I. Goodman © (@jedigoodman) March 28, 2025
“Mike should come home, he still shows love to the game, and we’ll always have love for Mike Perry for sure. And yeah, me and Mike would be a great fight for sure, 100 percent,” said Conor McGregor. ‘Mystic Mac’ fired the former BKFC champion after he failed to secure his victory against Jake Paul; however, things appear to have changed now. Well, Perry might be finally headed back to where he belongs but let us move forward to the last montage of the day.
ADVERTISEMENT
Article continues below this ad
Brandon Moreno defends Cain Velasquez amidst the chaos
Brandon Moreno, in his recent statement, has come forward to defend the former heavyweight champion, Cain Velasquez, stating that he would have done the same thing if he had been in his place. “Sadly, you realize that legality has nothing to do with justice. It’s sad, and I feel very sorry for Cain because I would have done the same in his situation. I would have loved for the law to be on our side,” said Moreno while having a conversation with the media.
Brandon Moreno se expresa sobre el veredicto en el caso de Cain Velasquez. #UFCMexico pic.twitter.com/SaHkB9DYCw
— Eric Alexander (@EricAIexander) March 26, 2025
ADVERTISEMENT
Article continues below this ad
Cain Velasquez has been sentenced to five years of prison time following a 2022 incident. In February 2022, Velasquez opened fire on a truck carrying multiple individuals. However, instead of the intended target, the bullets struck another passenger. The court’s decision now holds Velasquez accountable for his actions. Now that we know about Moreno’s insights on Velasquez, what are your thoughts on the sentence? State your opinions in the comments below.
Have something to say?
Let the world know your perspective.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
What’s your perspective on:
Is Jon Jones dodging Tom Aspinall, or is this fight finally happening?
Have an interesting take?