

In light of the Force India saga, Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff has revealed that there are a few potential buyers. According to him, at least five parties are seeking to control Force India. Last week, the F1 team entered administration after a court hearing. However, Wolff denied any interest in buying out the team.
The Silverstone-based team were placed under administration ahead of the Hungarian GP. As it turned out, the hearing was a result of legal action taken by driver Sergio Perez. Even engine supplier Mercedes pledged their support behind the move. If the statistics are correct, the Force India team owes Mercedes more than €10 million. This is due to the various debts piled up against them in recent years.
Earlier this week, Wolff claimed that there were a number of potential buyer with “great interest” in Force India. He said that these possible buyers have very “deep pockets”. After Sunday’s race in Hungary he said that there were five parties who bid to purchase the team.
ADVERTISEMENT
Article continues below this ad

via Imago
Force India
According to the Austrian, the administrator has officially taken over the team. He also confessed that Mercedes were not among the five bidders, citing lack of interest.
Aside from his duties as Mercedes F1 team principal, Wolff also holds a financial stake in Williams. However, he said that owning a stake in another team does not interested him in the slightest.
He explained that when he joined Daimler and became a shareholder, he was forced to surrender all positions of potential conflict of interest. Since then, he has been involved in the management of the German team.
The 46-year old sold all his shares in HWA, as well as his Williams shares. Now, the question remains, what will happen to Force India in the future? Does this ring the death knoll for them?
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT