
via Getty
ABU DHABI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES – DECEMBER 01: Sebastian Vettel of Germany and Ferrari walks to the drivers parade before the F1 Grand Prix of Abu Dhabi at Yas Marina Circuit on December 01, 2019 in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. (Photo by Mark Thompson/Getty Images)

via Getty
ABU DHABI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES – DECEMBER 01: Sebastian Vettel of Germany and Ferrari walks to the drivers parade before the F1 Grand Prix of Abu Dhabi at Yas Marina Circuit on December 01, 2019 in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. (Photo by Mark Thompson/Getty Images)
The 2020 F1 season proved to be a tough one for the newly recruited Aston Martin driver, Sebastian Vettel. The German experienced nothing but struggles through the season at Ferrari, as he failed to end his farewell season with the Reds on a high.
And with a new journey ahead for the 4-time world champion, has he moved on from the horrendous performance-filled 2020 season? Well, turns out he has. The Ex-Ferrari driver revealed that he is finally “at peace” with the recently ended F1 season.
ADVERTISEMENT
Article continues below this ad
What did Sebastian Vettel say?
As reported by RaceFans, Vettel opened up that he has moved on from the 2020 season, and reckoned that he no longer has any regrets about the missed chances.
“I’m obviously not happy with how last year went in terms of performance, partly my performance,” he said. “I accepted in terms of I’ve been living through it.
“And I don’t have any regrets. Obviously, there’s things that didn’t go well and things that I would’ve liked to do better, differently, and so on.”

via Getty
LE CASTELLET, FRANCE – JUNE 23: Third place qualifier Sebastian Vettel of Germany and Ferrari looks on in parc ferme during qualifying for the Formula One Grand Prix of France at Circuit Paul Ricard in Le Castellet, France. (Photo by Mark Thompson/Getty Images)
Vettel was down on morale through the 2020 season, and it all started from the moment Ferrari overlooked him for Carlos Sainz over the succeeding F1 season. And just when the German started losing his plot in racing, Aston Martin came to his rescue.
Hence, from the point the British outfit secured his future, the real Vettel showed signs of a comeback, especially during the Turkish GP race, as he ended his 2020 campaign on a strong note.
Having very, very high expectations: Vettel
The 2021 F1 season is only weeks away, and the German is yet again under the limelight, as high expectations are falling over him. Furthermore, it turns out, Vettel himself has set a high level of expectations for the forthcoming racing campaign.
“Ultimately, I’m very much looking forward to this year. I’m very much at peace with last year. I know that it hasn’t been to my standards that I mostly hold myself,” he said.

via Getty
SOCHI, RUSSIA – Third place qualifier Sebastian Vettel of Germany and Ferrari celebrates in parc ferme during qualifying for the F1 Grand Prix of Russia at Sochi Autodrom in Sochi, Russia. (Photo by Charles Coates/Getty Images)
“I’ve never really cared what people think or say or write. So that’s why I think it’s important that I am at peace with that myself. And as I said, very much looking forward to this year and for sure having very, very high expectations myself.”
ADVERTISEMENT
Article continues below this ad
Overall, Aston Martin have laid a pretty sturdy foundation for the 2021 season, and AMR21 is expected to be quite competitive, enough to battle for the top 3 on the constructor’s table.
Hence, with a potentially powerful car in hand, can Vettel finally get his redemption this year for his disappointing 2020 F1 outing? Well, let’s see what the future holds.
ADVERTISEMENT
Article continues below this ad
Also Read: Sebastian Vettel’s Moments of Brilliance in Dismal Final Ferrari Season That You Missed
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT