
via Reuters
Formula One F1 – Abu Dhabi Grand Prix – Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates – December 11, 2021 Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton after qualifying in second position Pool via REUTERS/Kamran Jebreili

via Reuters
Formula One F1 – Abu Dhabi Grand Prix – Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates – December 11, 2021 Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton after qualifying in second position Pool via REUTERS/Kamran Jebreili
There has been a lot of speculation surrounding Lewis Hamilton’s retirement since his title loss last month. There have been many whispers suggesting the Mercedes driver is so disappointed that he might not continue. But Red Bull advisor Helmut Marko believes that it is just drama suggesting that Lewis Hamilton would quit.
Marko believes that the German team is not looking to replace the seven-time world champion. The Austrian suggested that the retirement rumors are just a theatrical claim from the rumor mill.
WATCH STORY: Lewis Hamilton: Ranking His F1 World Titles From 2008 to 2020
ADVERTISEMENT
Article continues below this ad
Red Bull advisor gives his take on Lewis Hamilton retirement rumors
As reported by Formula Passion, Helmut revealed that there has been no movement on Mercedes‘ part to replace their main driver. Red Bull team principal Christian Horner also agreed with Marko and suggested that Hamilton will return next season.

via Getty
BUDAPEST, HUNGARY – AUGUST 01: Lewis Hamilton of Great Britain and Mercedes AMG Petronas prepares on the grid before the F1 Grand Prix of Hungary at Hungaroring on August 01, 2021, in Budapest, Hungary. (Photo by Dan Istitene – Formula 1/Formula 1 via Getty Images)
“Normally, one would expect a great disorder if it were something real. There would be big movements behind the scenes to replace Lewis, characterized by internal calls, messages, or speculation. But there was none of this, neither here nor elsewhere,” said Dr. Marko.
ADVERTISEMENT
Article continues below this ad
Horner was more direct than the Austrian in criticizing Lewis Hamilton, “The silence was part of the drama.” said the Red Bull team principal.
These are some harsh claims by the Red Bull duo towards their rivals. Admittedly, there has been no confirmation from the side of the British driver or the German team suggesting that they might part ways before the start of next season. Let’s wait and see how the German team or Hamilton responds to the criticism by the Red Bull duo.
Hopefully, Lewis Hamilton would continue racing in F1 till the end of his contract in 2023 and bid farewell on his own terms.
ADVERTISEMENT
Article continues below this ad
READ MORE: Would Lewis Hamilton be regarded differently if he had not won the 2008 championship?
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT