
via Reuters
Formula One F1- Saudi Arabian Grand Prix – Jeddah Corniche Circuit, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia – December 5, 2021 Mercedes’ Team Principal Toto Wolff is seen during the race Pool via REUTERS/Andrej Isakovic

via Reuters
Formula One F1- Saudi Arabian Grand Prix – Jeddah Corniche Circuit, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia – December 5, 2021 Mercedes’ Team Principal Toto Wolff is seen during the race Pool via REUTERS/Andrej Isakovic
As things stand, it looks like Toto Wolff is on a campaign to ensure Red Bull is investigated. If found guilty of spending more than the budget cap last year, the team can even lose their 2021 WDC. However, according to former F1 driver Ralf Schumacher, FIA should also investigate how this alleged breach came into the media eye.
ADVERTISEMENT
Article continues below this ad
The German ex-F1 star felt that Red Bull’s accounts were leaked. He suspects it to be someone at the FIA who was also employed by Mercedes. Schumacher feels that Wolff must also be investigated. He feels that leak of such sensitive information is not good for the sport.
While speaking to Sky Deutschland, he said, “We all know that a close confidant and former employee of Wolff now holds a very senior position at the FIA.” (translated via Google Translate)
He went on to explain the implications of this on the sport of Formula 1. “The FIA must undergo an investigation into itself because this information simply cannot slip out, it harms Formula 1 and only the FIA can be blamed.”
Schumacher isn’t the only one Toto Wolff has been taking heat from. In light of the media coverage Wolff’s comments have received, Christian Horner has threatened consequences.
Toto Wolff accused of defamation by Red Bull boss after cost cap breach allegations
Toto Wolff has asked the FIA to step in and investigate Red Bull. This comes after news that Red Bull might have breached the cost cap regulations. However, Christian Horner feels that these allegations are baseless and amount to defamation.
ADVERTISEMENT
Article continues below this ad

via Getty
SINGAPORE – SEPTEMBER 16: Mercedes GP Executive Director Toto Wolff and Red Bull Racing Team Principal Christian Horner in the Team Principals Press Conference during practice for the Formula One Grand Prix of Singapore at Marina Bay Street Circuit on September 16, 2016 in Singapore. (Photo by Mark Thompson/Getty Images)
Horner said, “We take umbrage to them. And one can only assume it’s not coincidence that this is the point where Max has his first strike at the World Championship. So unless there is a clear withdrawal of those statements, we will be taking it incredibly seriously and looking at what the options available to us are.”
He summed his views about the statements. “They are hugely defamatory.”
ADVERTISEMENT
Article continues below this ad
Watch This Story: Red Bull and McLaren Quarrel Over 2022 F1 Cars
What should the FIA do if they find that Red Bull’s accounts were leaked?
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT