

“IT IS A KNOCKOUT VICTORY. Hey Norfolk, Virginia, your young man just did it.” That’s what the Top Rank commentator shouted as referee Harvey Dock hit the 10-count and waved off the fight. The Madison Square Garden Theater crowd went wild, and just like that, Norfolk, Virginia’s own Keyshawn Davis became the new WBO lightweight champion with a statement win over Denys Berinchyk.
On Valentine’s fight night, The Businessman delivered a ruthless fourth-round KO, sealing the deal with two brutal body shots that dropped the champ to his knees. At just 25 years old, Davis reached the top of the lightweight division in spectacular fashion. But now, it seems like he hasn’t been taking the best care of that shiny new WBO belt. So what’s going on? Let’s dive in.
ADVERTISEMENT
Article continues below this ad
Keyshawn Davis demands his diamond back!
Yesterday, Boxing n BBQ shared a post on X. “Keyshawn Davis was proud of his new WBO belt. But then a 💎 fell off. Got to get that fixed 🫡 He said he hoped someone screen recorded it….well,” the caption read. Keyshawn Davis was not happy, and honestly, can you blame him?
Keyshawn Davis was proud of his new WBO belt.
But then a 💎 fell off.
Got to get that fixed 🫡
He said he hope someone screen recorded it….well: #Boxing#BOXINGnBBQ pic.twitter.com/CrzBiSfTBX
— BOXING n BBQ (@BOXINGnBBQ) April 2, 2025
The 26-year-old was on Instagram Live, casually chatting with fans, when, out of nowhere, one of the diamonds on his $18,000 championship belt suddenly fell off right in front of him. “Oh, hell no. Y’all just see that sh-t? I paid 18,000. My damn diamond just fell off,” the 13-0, 9 KO boxer lamented.
Still processing what just happened, he kept looking around, hoping someone had caught it on camera. “I hope somebody just screen recorded that so I can get my sh-t back,” the Norfolk native added.
Imagine dropping that kind of money on a championship belt, only to have a piece of it fall off right in front of you. Yeah… not exactly what you expect when you’re at the top of the world. But don’t worry. Keyshawn Davis might be adding another belt to his collection in just a few months. How? Let’s break it down.
ADVERTISEMENT
Article continues below this ad
Keyshawn is ready to roll
Looks like things just got a little messy in the lightweight division. Edwin De Los Santos is calling out Keyshawn Davis, and it all goes back to a conversation they had in the past. Apparently, after Davis’ fight with Jose Pedraza in February last year, he told De Los Santos that he’d be next. But now? That fight still hasn’t happened, and De Los Santos isn’t happy about it.
The Dominican fighter even posted a reminder on X: “It seems that you forgot my name and our conversation before fighting with Pedraza. @KeyshawnDavis8.“ The Norfolk native quickly fired back, saying, “Put that pin to paper, all you gotta do now. Let’s Go.” To which, De Los Santos agreed to the deal and responded with: “Let’s go 👊.” Sounds like a fight in the making, right? Well, not so fast.
ADVERTISEMENT
Article continues below this ad
De Los Santos hasn’t fought in over a year, partly due to health issues, including blood clots that kept him out of the ring for months. Meanwhile, rumors have been swirling about a possible fight between him and Frank Martin instead.
So, what’s next for Keyshawn Davis? If he’s serious about taking on De Los Santos, it could be a solid tune-up fight before bigger challenges. But should he even bother with a lower-ranked contender, or should he focus on chasing bigger names and bigger paydays? That’s the real question.
Have something to say?
Let the world know your perspective.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
What’s your perspective on:
Is Keyshawn Davis ready for bigger names, or should he focus on fixing his belt first?
Have an interesting take?