
via Getty
LONDON, ENGLAND – SEPTEMBER 06: Anthony Joshua speaks with Eddie Hearn during the press conference for Andy Ruiz Jr. v Anthony Joshua 2 ‘Clash on the Dunes’ at the Hilton Syon Park on September 06, 2019 in London, England. Anthony Joshua and Andy Ruiz Jr will have a Heavyweight World Title rematch fight on December 7th 2019 in the historical town of Diriyah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. (Photo by Richard Heathcote/Getty Images)

via Getty
LONDON, ENGLAND – SEPTEMBER 06: Anthony Joshua speaks with Eddie Hearn during the press conference for Andy Ruiz Jr. v Anthony Joshua 2 ‘Clash on the Dunes’ at the Hilton Syon Park on September 06, 2019 in London, England. Anthony Joshua and Andy Ruiz Jr will have a Heavyweight World Title rematch fight on December 7th 2019 in the historical town of Diriyah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. (Photo by Richard Heathcote/Getty Images)
Matchroom’s Eddie Hearn has provided yet another update on the Anthony Joshua vs. Tyson Fury fight. He explained that Fury’s team has sent back the contract with a few changes. However, he maintained they were minor changes.

via Getty
LONDON, ENGLAND – MAY 30: Anthony Joshua of England poses with Promoter Eddie Hearn following his WBC International Heavyweight bout against Kevin Johnson of The USA at The O2 Arena on May 30, 2015 in London, England. (Photo by Ben Hoskins/Getty Images)
Fury and Joshua are close to agreeing on one of the biggest fights in heavyweight history. However, as with all boxing fights, it involves a complicated contract. Despite this, Hearn seems confident of it going ahead after he got back their demands.
ADVERTISEMENT
Article continues below this ad
Speaking to Matchroom’s YouTube Channel, Hearn spilled the beans. He said, “We’re back and forward with draft contracts. We’ve sent a draft contract, they’ve sent some minor changes, nothing too big.”
This is after news emerged that Matchroom had sent their draft of the contract to Fury’s team earlier in the week. Hearn then said an announcement may happen in two-weeks. Given that they are targeting June as a potential date, it will be a busy few weeks for both promoters.
READ: Analyzing Errol Spence Jr.’s Training Videos: Is He the Same After the Car Crash?
Eddie Hearn says there’s no update on the venue
After reassuring fans of the surety of the fight, Hearn provided an update on the potential location for the fight. However, the update was that there are no recent developments in the location. Hearn maintained the same potential destinations.
“I mean we’ve had massive offers from the middle-east, we’re talking to Qatar, we’re talking to Saudi Arabia, we’re talking to Abu Dhabi, we’re talking to Singapore, we’re talking to China, we’re talking to America, couple of wildcards in there as well,” said Hearn.

ADVERTISEMENT
Article continues below this ad
Both Fury and Joshua will reportedly earn over $100 million each. Therefore, to finance this fight, having fans in attendance is imperative. Thus, they cannot consider having the event in the United Kingdom.
However, the fact that there are minor corrections is good news for fans. There have been several cases where fights have fallen through for the smallest of reasons. Therefore, the confidence of both parties in this fight happening is a breath of fresh air.
ADVERTISEMENT
Article continues below this ad
What do you make of this news? Do you think Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury will announce their undisputed fight in the next two weeks?
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT